As you’ve read in Part 1 and Part 2 of our poker tilt articles, you are quite aware that poker tilt can sneak into your game in a myriad of ways. Of course, if you don’t react accordingly, your bankroll is likely to suffer.
Fighting tilt in online poker
In the first two parts on poker tilt, we have learned how tilt develops and how it can affect your game. You will instantly recognise poker tilt when you learn to understand your own emotions. Make sure you check on your emotions before you sit down for a poker game. Learning to understand your emotions though is only a fair step to conquering tilt but it can still cost you a lot of money.
Advice on how to deal with poker tilt
If you notice that you are beginning to lose control on your emotions whilst playing online poker, follow the below tips:
- Take a break from playing. It will give you time to cool down and the ability to refocus whilst also being cost-effective.
- Read as many articles as possible on online poker techniques so you can master all the very basics.
- Go down to the micro-limits and only give a couple of stacks away so it will cost you very little.
- Step down a limit or two to a level which you know you can beat so you can built on your confidence.
- Stop bluffing and play tight and aggressive online poker by getting back to basics.